Dear rallylovers,

It has been very quiet on the forum. What happened? Have you all stopped competing? I would love to read here about your latest experiences or results in the UK.

regards, Rudi

Been keeping quiet as I've only been out in the Mexico.

It was the Hexham Historic Rally this weekend, up near Hadrian's Wall. Just one TR out to play, right in front of us, a red 1957 TR3 in the hands of Jim Hendry and Graham Couser. We caught them within a few miles and once past them didn't see them again all night. We started at 18 and within a few controls we were 2nd on the road, then mysteriously 1st on the road - at petrol we were clean and waited nearly 15 minutes for the first car to turn up!

In the second half we dropped a minute after fueling problems - petrol got hot from standing with the engine running for too long - then we had to shift a herd of cows that were in the way on one of the many routes through grassy (read very slippery) fields :D ... the roads were fantastic, and even included a big section of Kielder, the organisation very efficient, the marshalls plentiful and friendly, finish venue and food superb - and it all finished before midnight - highly recommended for next year.

Only problem was .... one of the marshalls wasn't as efficient as he could have been and wrote an incorrect time on the time card which Paul didn't spot, meaning we were one minute early at a control, 2 minute penalty, giving us 3 minutes in total and a draw for first place - which was given to Keith Jenkins in the Saab on "furthest cleanest".

I've won the ANWCC Championship with 2 events left to run, and I'm currently 1st in the HRCR championship but that won't last beyond next weekend if Wes Massam can get his Volvo fixed (he blew a head gasket on this event).

Hope that's enough news to keep you going from me - what's everyone else up to? Anyone o here doing the Rally of the Tests - I see there are lots of TR's entered so far. Unfortunately Ade and I can't make this one this year, but we're still thinking about doing LeJog.

Oh, and I should just mention that the TR4 is still for sale and I will be advertsing it shortly - fully sorted and ready to enter the Rally of the Tests or LeJog and grab a top ten place today with virtually no preparation.

Well Ive just come back from the UAC Retro - great squirt, but we threw away a class win with an silly error that even with my big right foot we could not recover fully from ........ car was simply fantastic and brilliant when late !

Out on the Rally of the Tests with Rob Kiff in 3 VC, one of the ex works cars ......... hooray!

I believe that Mark and John have a greabox problem (no surprise there then) so probably busy ....

Ive also been to the USA buying TR's again ..... and discovered soem very exciting stuff! more next year if I can buy it!

Regards

Tony

Dont have the schedule yet but leaves Dalmahoy Hotel nr Edinburgh at 5pm on Thursday 10th November - ill copy the schedule onto this site when it comes - should be here in two weeks.

I will also have some pics of BST82B being thrown about in Ireland last week - much fun!

Regards

Tony