TR2 Wiper Cable - Rack, Casing and Wheel Boxes

Can any one advise the correct way to fit the wheel boxes and the run of the cables for my TR2 please. These are the early wheel boxes.

Are they fitted so that cable is on the down side i.e closer to the floor? If so does the casing then pass underneath the demister vent? From the marks/stain left on the wheel box shaft by the bezels that appears to be the way to fit the wheel boxes and there appears to be no room to pass the cable over the demister vent if I try the other way.

But it's extremely difficult to get enough even turn on the casing after it comes through the bulkhead to get it fitting into the wheelboxes.

After quite a few goes and some hours of trying it every way I thought I'd better get some advice.

Thanks

Jim

The rack doesnt come through the bulkhead it comes through the hole in the removable plate at the back of the master cylinder pocket. (assuming a r/hand drive car)

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart,

I do actually have it going that way. However after posting I had one more go and it worked. I'd been trying to put it into place with the rack through the casing. As soon as I removed the rack I could get the casing locked into the wheel box without any stress and then the rack fed straight through. Just a hint for anyone else who might be stuck.