Speedy sleeves, thank you Forum

Thank you to the forum for the info that gave me all the gen on speedy sleeves.

We got back from the Vintage Sun Run in April with the TR2 (4 days of navigation from Champagne to The Alps) with an oily right hand brake drum. I pulled the shafts to find a dodgy rh bearing and all the seals very tired, but worst of all wear on the shafts that would mean the new seals not being effective for very long, twas then I remembered reading on here about speedy sleeves, I googled speedy sleeves TR3 (using a girling axle) and found all the required info on this forum including the part number!!

She is back together now ready for our June french trip with one new bearing and four new seals and the 2 speedy sleeves in place, had to put in one new shim to reset the clearance on the bearings, just the hairline crack in the sump to do now, perhaps she might stay dry for a bit now, well you can always dream!!

A big thank you for the excellent way this forum works finding solutions and saving loads of time!!

Edited by TR24178

I replaced the rear oil seal on my TR3 numerous times on the LHS. Finally I found Speedi Sleeves and the problem has disappeared.

i also have one on the fan mounting at the front of the engine.

They are expensive but are a fantastic option. A new half shaft will have its own problems.

Well done to Speedi-Sleeve