IAM Display, Gaydon, Saturday 9th July 2016

The IAM (recently rebranded IAM RoadSmart)is organising a display of cars at Gaydon on 9th July, one from

each of the organisations 60 years. My 1966 4A has been accepted to represent that year and most years are now covered. However, at the latest count a car from 1978 is still being sought. If any IAM member with a

TR7 manufactured in that year can get it to Gaydon on 9th July and fancies an interesting day out please contact Rodney Kumar on 020 8996 9619 or email Events@iam.org.uk

Tim

CORRECTION to my earlier post. It is not necessary for the car owner/driver to be an IAM member, the important thing is that every year from 1956 to 2016 should be represented. The event will include guest speakers, Q&A sessions with racing legends, tours of the recently opened British Motor Museum, a picnic and driving events. Driver AND passenger in any car selected for the 60 years display will be given free entry. There will be soon be a special page dedicated to the event on the new www.roadsmart.com website.
The price to normal punters will be £10 per head. I hope someone can help out.

I have had a look on the Facebook page which carries images of 50 of the cars so far selected. I am pleased to report that Triumph is the best represented marque by some margin with a '62 TR4, my '66 4A, a '67 Spitfire MkIII, a '74 Stag MkII, a '75 Dolomite Sprint, an '80 Spitfire 1500 and an '84 Acclaim CD. It would be nice to have a '78 TR7 in the display and I hope someone can help out.

Tim

I understand that the IAM has just sourced a 1978 vehicle for their display, a Fiat 127. It would have been nice to have had a wedge there to add to the eight Triumphs already lined up but never mind.

Tim