Hi John, why not make your own. Certainly the most cost effective and probably the best. Buy a 2nd hand 5 or 6 mm Alu panel cut and bend it to shape and bolt it to the chassis. I have did mine for the TR3 and that has set me back about 10 Euro. Simple, effective and good looking
  • 3 weeks later...

John,

I have recently made one for my TR4A from 4.5mm checker-plate which looks excellent and tucks neatly up under the front valance. As I had to buy an entire sheet of alloy however (£95) I have a spare piece that will fit your TR4. I also have a template to shape the alloy so you only need to find someone to cut and bend it although as Rudi says you may want to have a crack at this yourself. £30 buys you the checker-plate although you will need to collect from the Suffolk/Essex border. Send me a message if you are interested.

Rudi - you make "bolt it to the chassis" sound so easy! How did you do this? Long bolts all the way through the chassis or self tappers of somekind?

Robert

Robert, I'll mail you a drawing. Hope this will explain.

Cheers, Rudi