Oops Buyer beware

There is a maroon TR 6 for sale on e:bay for £ 14000 in Cumbria. Complete with number plate 8775 TR.

It was sold on e:bay on the 21st of Jan for £ 18000 without its number plate. Car was in Bedfordshire

The seller this time says he has never sold on e:bay before.

BE CAREFUL B)

Edited by Rex Wyer

Obviously he was not a TR register member or he might have seen my warning post before he parted with his money.

Surely the police should be able to check which bank etc any deposit was sent to.

Never part with any money till you have seen the car in person.

yep unfortunetly this is not the frist time a TR has been in a ebay scam.... i was looking at one over a year ago and it was one of those to good to be true moment... luckily i didnt part with any cash as i insisted that i see the car first..

what normally happens front what i have read is that the seller lure you in with the ebay "try before you pay" service which is a real thing but cars are excluded from the service. when you confront them to say this servcie is not included they send you a very convincing link to a "ebay / paypal" live chat.... they did this to me and as soon as i siad that i knew ot was a scam the whoile thing vanished.. even the listing.

i must admit i did play them along for some time to see how far they would go... i got home addreses, mobile numbers, landline number ect..... all fake... apart from the bank account details to pay for the car... which was based in th south of Ireland...

i work within Norfolk Constbualry (civilian) so i did make some enquires but unfortunetly unless a crime is commitied like mine where they were "trying" to get my cash, there's not alot that can be done.... they just vanish and start it all again with a new ID

this guy that has lost his deposit will probabaly never see it again.... these people are very clever buggers....

as Shaw Taylor would say...... Keep em Peeled...!