TR6 Suspension on TR3

Has anyone successfully fitted TR6 front suspension to a TR3?

The later design is much stronger but it would seem that a straight replacement will lower the car by around an inch as the stub axles are higher relative to the trunnion pivot. Ive seen a few reports from the USA which advocate using a spacer under the spring to bring the ride height back up but this leaves the wishbones at greater angle which I'm guessing will not help the bump steer and camber change situation although I haven't got around to drawing it out yet..

The easy option is to go with the well proven and developed Revington solution......but that may be just be too easy :)

Andrew

Have fitted TR6 front suspension to my TR2 along with rack and pinion steering. Car goes in straight line with no hands on the wheel thanks to 3 deg castor and no bump steer on corners....now a pleasure to drive. I packed up the front springs with 5 mm rubber spaces made from heavy conveyor belt material. Ride height looks correct from side view and have no problems with kerb crossings and speed humps.