It fits! But, not sure if I should paint it

OK

Bonnet done and shut lines improved.

In response to Marcs comment, I have attached some pictures of the component parts of the cowl.

The way it goes together changed, as I built it.

Initially, I was going to use screws, to screw through from the outside.

This is why I riveted a 2nd thickness of aluminium to the underside of the angle, to give me the minimum 4 turns of thread I would need to supply the strengh needed to ensure the parts stayed together and minimise the potential for stripping the threads.

However, thinking as I worked, it occurred to me that if I had some pegs to locate the parts, assembly would be easier, so why not use the screws as locating pegs.

This is what I did and finished them with chromed dome nuts, so the 2nd thickness of aluminium attached to the angle, was, in the end, surplus to requirements.

I suppose I could take it off, but, I didn't see the point.

The rubber trim I have used is a high temperature rubber, used because I needed to protect the paintwork and the radiator header during removal and replacement of the cowl.

http://www.polymax.co.uk/silicone/silicone-edging-strip-black

I have used large washers throughout to spread the load and reduce distortion of the cowl

The washers under the stretchers are also felted on the underside, to protect the aluminium from scratching

Edited by wjgco