Wing Mirror Position.

Should be OK now, John -- a few recent conversations filled up my box. Check your pm.

Hello Steve,

Not sure if you have sorted out your wing mirror issue, but as I have faced the same issue I thought I'd reply. I ordered a Harley Davidson 4 inch round mirror, with the idea of screwing it into the windscreen stanchion, using the lower screw hole. I had heard the HD mirror had the same diameter thread for the stanchion, which turned out not to be the case.

The stanchion screw thread is 2BA or 3/16th of an inch. The HD thread is 5/16 th inch. My solution has been to create an aluminium adapter with 3/16 thread in one end, and 5/16t the other end. I've made sure the screw into the stanchion is the same length as the original screw so that it performs the pulling effect to keep the windscreen secure. Then it's a question of screwing the assembly into the desired angle, and tightening with a locknut. If you are still interested I can try to upload an image of my solution. The only query is whether there is enough strength to withstand a knock. Time and knocks will tell! What I like is that I have not changed the originality of the car with additional screw holes, I can adjust the mirror sitting in the car, and it does not get in the way of the sidescreen

All the best, Nick

Hi all,

Thanks for your response. After considering all, I decided to go for wing mounted round mirrors.

Received a pair by post. Disappointingly, that there was a rust spot on one of the stems, so returned for replacement.

Thanks again for all replies.

Regards

Steve