Tr8 Door Stuck

My TR8 (drophead) has decided to withdraw privilages & has denied me access to the drivers seat.

The interior & exterior handles operate as does the lock but the mechanism does not. The door is shut & it will be a trick do get at it.

Has anybody had this experience & what tips can you give me to rectify it. A good barge from the inside results in brusing & one stubbon door

Frank

I found the tongue on the door reveal had dried out and was sticking in the retaining clip: [not sure of the technical terms, but it appears to be there to stiffen the door-gap when closed]. A bit of grease did the trick..   Maxwell ???
Guest pimento76

I had this problem

The spring inside the lock had burst

I had to resort to having to undoing the bolts holding the lockplate on the body from inside (not much room), just giving enough leverage to get a blade into the lock to saw it off.

Sounds drastic but it was the only option left - hope yours isnt the same thing !!

Thanks Chaps

The door is now open, it appears that the sliding tongue

of the keeper mounted on the door frame jamb was the culprit.

Some lubrication has helped although its still a bit sticky.

Ill take it off & clean & relubricate it.

Thanks for the advice.

Frank