MYE778P - The BL Years.

Hello everybody.. I am always on the look out to add to the history on my car MYE778P. I have just found this picture on the web which appears to have been taken at the Rally of Elba 1977. This would seem to be an unknown (to me!) chapter of it's long and interesting life.. Anyone able to add any info to this, or any part of it's history for that matter? It would be much appreciated.

MYE-RALLY-ITALY_zps6eed9155.jpg

Hi Steve,

isn't that the Tour de Corse ?

One of the press cars was dolled up to look like a rally car for PR purposes and taken to the event for whatever purposes, and subsequently displayed in odd dealerships and suchlike. I think that happened only on the Corse, not Elba.

There were at least a couple more cars given a cosmetic rally makeover for UK dealer purposes only.

Cheers

Alec

• 7 months later...

Hi Alec.. the picture had Elba written in small letters at the bottom.. I'm afraid I have never been to either so would not know the difference! Someone pointed out that 00 on the side denotes "the last course car through before the start". I have emailed you through the forum regarding anything else you can tell me about this car.. thanks.

null_zps0f5df23c.jpg

Yes Paul.. the car started life as the European Launch Brochure car, LHD of course. It was sold into private hands by Safety Devices, still in Works colours but RHD. The picture above cropped up on the internet between those two events..

mye-european-launch-brochure-002.jpg