TR4A Brake servo unit

I fitted a lockheed (Delphi) remote servo to my 4A. The facory fitted accessory was fitted on the offside ( you will see a dish in the inner wing to accomodate it). This position makes that side of the car rather crowded and can impede getting the starter motor out if needed.

I decided to fit mine on the nearside and bolted it directly to the footwell bulhead without the supplied bracket and screwed the front support bracket to the inner wing having first shortened it.  This makes your brake pipe run much shorter as the brake pipe 4 way connector in a 4A is located on that side. The original pipe that went from the master cylinder to this connector could be bent to fit the servo so you only have to make up one fairly short pipe.

Make sure you follow the instructions about the angle of the air filter unit so that it can be bled properly.