Die cast model TR6

Yes Paul, it's a shame to sacrify a rare TR for any alternative solution and I think Italia's and Francorchamps should remain as they are.

In 2001 I took a picture in Italy of an Italia that according to me had the best colour/paint scheme I have ever seen on an Italia. It's not original, but very nice. I think it was taken over

from Lancia Flaminia in the 60th. Dark blue with dark green metallic changing at the cheat line half way up. Fanatastic point job.

Unfortunately the picture does not bring it up fully.

attachicon.gifitalias.JPG

Jean

I emailed the owner of #54 and he sent me some great pictures of his Italia competing recently.

As you say, the paint job is a bit special:

Edited by Paul Harvey

Stuart,

You're ahead of me - I got the location of Vienna wrong and the owner is indeed Austrian!

As president of the Ferrari club of Austria he also owns a spectacular collection of cars.

His Italia is quietly being returned closer to OE spec but removing the added number plate lamps might necessitate a respray of that rather expensive paintwork!

The car also has a Getrag 5 speed gearbox and Abarth twin pipe exhaust which must be handy for cruising and sound just fine.

He just acquired the correct ashtray so I hope he didn't nick it from one of his 250 models!

I believe the car was originally restored and painted by Mr Von Appen who owned several Italias in Germany at the time.

The car lacks the lower side aluminium trims and several Italias have been restored with these left off.

I actually think it may slightly improve the clean lines of the car, but I prefer to leave Michelotti's work alone myself.

Edited by Paul Harvey