Importing from usa

Guest Andy Moltu

Guest NigelAdshead

Hi, i have noticed that there aren't many posts in this section so i thought i would let you all know how crazy or brave i have been. I recently bought a TR250 over the internet for a very good price based only on lots of pictures and lots of e mails between the dealers and myself.

It is in the process of being shipped at the moment so when it arrives i will let you know if i've made a big mistake or been lucky.

Nigel

Guest harry dent

:D

Well done Nigel,

At least there is two of us willing to put some input on this site.

Please let us?,me know how you get on with your TR250 import.

Come on guys WAKE UP! we need stories,problem solving,anything related toTR5,s.Are you all content and have cars which never go wrong.Perhaps you only drive them to shows or get someone else to fix them.I now know how John Elloit feels.

Harry Dent.

It would be wise to collapse the TR5/250/6 under one type.

The tr5 is basically an early TR6PI and the TR250 an early TR6 Carb. Not taking into consideration the visual aspect I think the difference between an early TR6PI and a late TR6 US specifications is greater than the difference between a TR5 and a TR6PI. Drop the 25% of body difference between the cars as there are very few questions related to this 25%.

Wonder if someone ever considered to modify his 6 to 5 specification as was done with the prototype car.

Jean

It is in the process of being shipped at the moment so when it arrives i will let you know if i've made a big mistake or been lucky.

Keep us posted on how it goes. I've been considering doing what you have done for a while (Keeps getting delayed by my good lady spending the money before I do, apparently on more important things than another TR :0 )

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NigelAdshead

I have just heard from the shippers. The boat sails on 1 october and is due to arrive at Felixstowe on 25th. Didn't know ships were so slow!

Have fitted a towing kit to the car, found the best trailer deal and know have to be patient for a bit longer.

Still waiting for customs & excise to agree that a TR250 is a historic vehicle. Shippers are confident this will be OK so fingers crossed at the moment.

More news later :^

• 4 weeks later...
Guest harry dent

:^ Hi Jim,

Contact John Sykes of TR Bitz.He will source a californian chassis for you.Expect to pay around £1200 for a mint one.

phone no 01925 861861 and ask for his moby no.This will ensure that you will speak to him.He is a real nice guy to deal with and will sort you one out.If you have never taken off a bodyshell contact me and I will talk you through it.

Regards Harry Dent.

Surrey Top is HERE!

Very pleased to have an original piece without the e-bay price!  Too bad I just started tearing the car apart for a body off restoration??  What was I thinking?? ???

If anyone cares, I've started a web page of the carnage.

http://home.fuse.net/tristatetriumphs/    then click on "Restorations"  the picture of the car with the backlight installed is a repro, but no more!

Just had to thank this forum as a source for the hard top!  probably still would have been looking otherwise.

Todd