Princess 4 pots

Guest hodgie

Guest hodgie

Hi guys,

So, the 8's off the road again due to gearbox probs and thought i might as well tackle the brakes at the same time. Austin Princess 4 Pots are fitted (vented discs) with standard master TR7 cylinder/ servo. Problem is they are rubbish.

So, I bought a SD1 master cylinder thinking it owuld bolt straight onto the servo, alas it does not! Is the only solution to buy an SD1 (landie??) servo - and if so, does this bolt straight on?

Cheers in advance

Hodgie

Mine uses 4 pots and the uprated m/c & SERVO. 4 pots on their own were iffy, basically cos I couldn't press the pedal hard enough! New uprated servo & m/c I believe come from a sherpa and transformed the car.

Jim

The Sherpa servo and master cylinder you need comes from the double wheeler - earlier model with just two pipes off the master cylinder, not three. The servo and master cylinder then bolt straight into the car. I believe the servo from the smaller Sherpa will fit, but the double wheeler gives you more boost for your buck!

Mike

I'm sure it was noted on another forum that S&S can supply the one that fits to save you climbing around on scrap Sherpas.  Not that I remember seeing a Sherpa on a scrap yard for a while....

Malcolm.