Door window opening

Hi All,

I'm re-skinning my nearside door and have managed to get the new skin into quite a good position on the frame ready to tack at the top corners and fold on the seams. Slight issue is that the gap for the window is fine at the front ie 2 cms (per the wiliams book) but no matter what I try I don't think I can get the gap at the rear of the door to be better than 2.3 to 2.5 cms. Is this gap at the rear too wide to make the window seals effective? and if so does anyone have any advice how best to narrow the gap. I have thought of trying to stretch the new door skin where it folds over into the window gap with a hammer and dolly but this seems a bit extreme. The other option is to somehow bulk up the rear seam of the frame to narrow the gap. The skin and frame are still separate at the moment so can try all suggestions.

Many thanks for your help.

Sean

All. This is now sorted. Turns out that the curved part on the top of the door skin (from the swage line up) had been flattened slightly in the packing and delivery process. I gently eased it back by hand and gaps now perfect both ends and along the length. Bit of fettling required but now have a re-skinned door.

Sean