Tr4 serck aluminium rad

Well, attempted to fit a revotec fan and aluminium rad today. First issue, the short bolt provided to replace the long one through the fan extension had a thread that only bore a passing resemblance to the one it replaced. Cue trip to local engineering supplier and 50p later we were in business. After sorting the wiring, the thermo switch and leaving bits of skin around the engine bay, finally came to fit the radiator and the bolt holes were about 1/2 inch or so out of kilter. So, no evening drive in the warm weather or sunday ripping up country lanes?

Is aluminium rad size issues a common problem? Do I drill out the holes a bit or send it back?

On a lighter note, changed the heater valve for the taxi type. Thanks to this forum and non TR suppliers whose products seem to match their descriptions and are all reasonably priced, that at least went without incident.

Anyway, moral is compare replacement to original prior to taking everything apart!

Bob

Just checked new radiator against the revotec tr4 fan mounting brackets- the brackets line up with the car exactly so it's definitely not the car it's the new radiator. Good evidence when I get the usual line about my car not being std etc etc!!

Quick update - seems that all Rimmers stock of these radiators are the incorrect size so all going back to be replaced by Serck! If you, like me, bought it when they were on offer and haven't yet fitted it, check its not from the duff batch before you fit it.

Regards

Bob