Trying to find TR3A , Reg 1975 HP

My father is always interested in knowing the whereabouts of his Green 1960 TR3A , Reg number 1975 HP , We would also like to know if this was a factory car because of its Coventry Reg number . He sold the car i the early 1970s and last saw it at the N.E.C classic car show unrestored in the 80s

The car is registered with the DVLA as on the road ,, We would be very grateful if the current owners have any pictues of her now , it would be nice to see the old girl.

Many thanks

Alex

• 8 years later...

Hello Alex

I owned the TR3a registration 1975HP from 1973 till 2022, it's been in the Clent-Droitwich area all that time, but was in storage for more years than it was on the road! Re-restored in 2014 and looking great again, it's now with Luke Searle near Stevenage, about to tour the Continent. Please reply via forum if you're still interested in the car and some photos. cheers Robin Wilson

• 5 months later...

Hello Alex and Robin.

If you are still following this topic you will be pleased to learn that 1975 HP is alive and well.

I took this image on 8th October 2023 just North East of Wadebridge on the A39 Atlantic Highway. The event was the Club Triumph Round Britain Reliability Run.

1975HP_CTRBRR_Oct-2023.JPG.f36545d8bf8806c2a41606745b32b715.JPG

Julian Stephens

TR Register Member Number 918

St. Austell

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Having delved in to my archive, I have now reunited Robin with two of my images of his TR taken almost half a century apart!

1975HP@Donington_19740908.jpg.760ac409f0b30c8939978e0c5b5f4651.jpg

This shows Robin on his way to winning the Autotest at the Donington TR Day in September 1974. The test took place on the old Melbourne Loop.

Julian Stephens

TR Register Member Number 918

St. Austell