Dan,

It is indeed worth saving and actually a very good candidate being almost totally complete.

All that is required is virtually a new bodyshell, since the rust on this is one is everywhere.

I have a very comprehensive set of high resolution photographs if anyone is interested.

To date, the seller has been unwilling to drop the price below $35,000 which make the project viable only for someone who can do the coachwork themselves.

Alternatively, Neil Revington can supply a complete NEW Italia bodyshell in either steel or aluminium.

Hello All !

Only for the brave ! but at this price, it is largely too expensive ...

The rare original bits salvable demand a lot of refurbishment.

And it cost a lot, i know what i say, i 'm doing it ! and I cry ... :o

Hello All !

Only for the brave ! but at this price, it is largely too expensive ...

The rare original bits salvable demand a lot of refurbishment.

And it cost a lot, i know what i say, i 'm doing it ! and I cry ... :o

Hi

Are you saying you are going to buy it, or did I read this wrongly ? Well done if so...

Rob

As Paul mentions $35k minimum it will be interesting to see what this car finishes at.

Does anyone know if TRGB sold their Italia and if so how much it fetched ??

Cheers

Rob

Thanks Paul

You were obviously aware of this car being available prior to this auction and the price

on the website at $35k. Any others out there currently for sale that you know of please ?

BTW, I see the price is now at $24.9k, with 40 bids and with 4 days still to go. And there

I was thinking all the frenzied bidding would be at the end. The seller won't be far short

of his $35k by the look of things and could well exceed it. Unless he is bidding the price

up either himself or thru friends...

Cheers

Rob

Rob,

This is the only unrestored Italia I know of for sale.

There are a few restored cars that can be bought, but owners are waiting for the prices to firm up.

The beautiful black Italia going to auction in Switzerland next month will set the benchmark.

Cheers,

Thanks Paul

Can't help but wonder what a steel or aluminium body would cost from Revington...

Presumably LHD cars are kept LHD and unlike TR250's are never converted to RHD ?

Cheers

Rob

Rob,

Revington's quoted price for a complete bodyshell is £38,000 in steel or aluminium.

An aluminium bodyshell is approx. 50% complete and might be available on a deal.

Revington converted #250 to RHD from LHD and #1 was converted from LHD to RHD by the factory.

6 Italias were made as RHD by the factory and one of these is at Revington's now.

Converting the bodyshell is relatively straightforward with the major complication being the dashboard.

Thanks Stef,

BaT have done a great job highlighting every Italia that has come to the market over the last few years (following their website led to my own interest in the marque and subsequent purchase)

The thread you highlight has followed this same car since it first appeared for sale.

The Classic Car market has moved on hugely in the meantime, and the 'flipper' who bought the car for $15K in 2010 can hardly be said to have 'filled his boots!'

Gavin,

We have chassis numbers for about 300 Italias, and I am going to Gaydon Museum next week to try and find the rest - we think there were 329 production Italias made + 2 prototypes (which might have been on the same chassis)

Of these, only just over 100 cars have actually been recorded by one means or another, and some of these have 'disappeared.'

There are therefore more 'undiscovered' cars than 'discovered cars, and I am sure more will turn up. We have recorded around 10 'new' ones in the last 12 months including mine.

The genuine barn find Italia is a real possibility.

Only 12 hours to go and up to $28k with the reserve not met. Fascinating and with the end

being at 0230 UK time I for one won't be staying up to see the final result. Will it meet the

reserve ? Will it sell at all ??

Cheers

Rob