Oke, I covered the wiring loom part (thanks to all for your reply). I'm working on it.

Anyway, it raises a new question. I bought the car with it's front apron disconnected. The headlamps are in place. There are 3 wires from both lamps to the snap connectors. But, on every wiring diagram I read, I can only see 2 wires. The black (earth-)wire isn't drawn! Where do they connect.

The same goes for the connecters of the side lights: 2 wires drawn, but where does the earth wire connect.

Further more: In the boot of the car I found a bundle of 3 black wires with bullet connectors at the ends. So, presume that there's also a snap connecter to connect them with.

For now, it's Led Zeppelin for to me (dazed and confused)  

Menno

Hello Menno,

most lamps get the earth connection via their body, only the the small blinking light have a separate earth strap i think.

Then the US-version seams to have only high beam / low beam in the headlights and uses the small frontlights as parking light and as flashing side light.

So the headlight needs 2 (active) wires and the side light 2+1 (active + earth).

This is the way the schematic is drawn.

The european style is to use headlights with integrated parking light -> 3 wires for the head light.

and the side light is used only as blinking light => 1+1 wires used.

Lookling at the boot:

side light (R/L), rear light, braking light => all together 4 active wires are needed.

Bullet connectors are used as "singles " mostly, multiple connectors were not common in the 1950s. So three bullets could go to side light/braking light/ rear light of one side. Remember that the TR2 had the side light in combination with braking light: The TR2 could run on 1 wires per side + 1 wire for the central braking light.

By the way: What about using the TR2 braking light unit for a TR3/A/B as well, thus incorporating a (modern) thrid braking light ?? ANy opinions for that, folks?