TR7 wheels

Guest hornet racer

Guest hornet racer
I work on a TR7 that is run in 1/2 mile dirt races. I am having problems with side-wall rool with 13 inch wheels in the turns and want to move to a larger wheel size. finding wheels for this car in the states is next to impossible. Toyota is the closest thing i can find to fit the lug size but i would still have to enlarge the lug holes because the pattern is slightly different. I hope someone could inform me of a Manufacture that uses the same size so i can test with different wheel sizes, hopefully steel wheels. please let me know.

A quote from the TR7/8 FAQ on this site:

Q: What after market Alloy wheels will fit my TR7/8?

A: There are a number of considerations. The Pitch Circle Diameter (PCD), which is the distance between the centres of the opposite studs (on a 4-stud wheel), must be 95.25mm (3.75”) for the wheels to fit onto the studs. The offset (usually marked on the wheel as “ET”) is 25mm for TR7 wheels. It is possible to fit wheels with a smaller offset but spacers may be required (e.g. MGF wheels which have an ET20 offset). Montego/Maestro alloy wheels will also fit. The wheels are located on the centre hub, and NOT by the wheel nuts. Hence the diameter of the centre hole is also important. Many replacement wheel manufacturers can use an adapter to vary the diameter of the locating hole. Diameter: 14”, 15”, 16” and 17” diameter wheels can fitted (although standard TR7 alloys are only 13”). Width: 6” or 6.5” wheels are often fitted, but there can be wheel arch clearance problems with 7” ones.

Hope it helps

Malcolm.