TR5 Bursts into life !

Hi Sean

Thanks. Your car really does look superb, and interested to hear about the originality, too. My 5 started life

as Valencia (see pic) and I agonised over the colour to make it during a complete rebuild and thought I would

make it red… now realise my mistake and want it Valencia as per original ! Like yours mine has an original

steering wheel but that's where the similarity to your own ends, sadly. Late TR6 door pulls and walnut dash

and door cappings and gear lever knob. My TR250 will be painted in late April and I am agonising over whether

to have the distinctive bonnet stripe or not… all these decisions and then the expense if you don't like what has

been done !! Anyway, really good to see the cars coming back on the road. Hope you really enjoy a blast later

today and the rain stays away for you.

Cheers

Rob

Rob, just a thought about your bonnet badge, a pal of mine glued his on too to prevent it being swiped but they did more damage to the bonnet trying to lever it off than a replacement badge (even an original) would have been.. Food for thought.

Steve

Why don't you get the TR250 stripes done in vynil to try them out first, cost would be about £120 I guess and no messing about with repainting if after a month you decided you didn't like and removed them ?

Mick Richards