Moprod NOS vs Lucas NOS Brake Adjusters

So, I've got a NOS Moprod (looks 70s or 80s) rear brake adjuster and two NOS Lucas rear brake adjusters (dated 1997) and I have to say the Moprod one looks rather more robust! Also, the Lucas ones don't come with the nuts and washers to fit them (grrrrr)!

However, as the Moprod site says (http://www.qh.com/products/brands/moprod/) they are supposed to be no-frills/non-premium parts. I know (believe?) that Lucas quality started to drop in the 90s, I think due to parts being manufactured outside of the UK/Europe.

So, which one would you fit if it were you?!

Jake

Hi Jake

I actually worked for Moprod in the early 80's and I can assure you the adjusters you have will perform just as well as any other on the market. I think the part number was MPK 5 for the TR adjuster? As you say they came with fixing nuts and small sachet of red grease. I fitted a set to my TR6 about 30 years ago and still on the car now.

Regards

Kevin