Hi Roger.
Just had a play, & one method that seems to work is this:
1) Create, or reply to a post on the forum, & uploadthe image, then add it to the post. send the post

2) Go to Members on the TR forum, & select youself
3) Look at the profile, and click on "edit profile"
4) Click on signature
5) In the toolbar look for My Media, & click on it.
6) Click on "Attachments", & a number of pictures will appear all of which have been added to your posts (or replies) in the past.
7) Click on the one you want and it should now be in your signature box.
8) Save signature, & save profile edits

That should be it. As long as you dont delete that image from your attachments then it should always be in your signature.

I feel it should be possible to directly add an image, but I could not make that work. When it askes for the URL, typing in the location of the file does not seem to work. Perhaps someone more up to speed with these things can answer that one !

Bob.

Edited by Lebro

Hi Roger,

You need to select the picture you want to use and upload it to photo-bucket by selecting file then export you should be logged in to photo-bucket then select the size photo you want to use probably 640 x 480 or 17''.

Then in your profile on TR register go to signature and add photo via photo-bucket.

Bit of a nightmare really but it worked for me.

Regards John.

Just to expand on John's reply above, to download the picture from Photobucket to your signature you need to:

In Photobucket - View your library, double click on the photo you want - wait till it appears on the screen, then on the right hand side of screen there are a number of boxes showing links by which you can share the photo. click on the bottom one marked IMG.

the box will change & show "copied".

Then going back to your "edit signature" page on the forum paste the copied image into the signature. once it is in you can move it around by adding or deleting spaces, or line feeds. click on save changes, and the text link will be replaced by the image, which should also appear in the preview above.

I think it's a shame you can't just upload direct from your own PC that would be much easier.

My current signature has the first image (the small one) uploaded as an attachment as I explained in my 1st post, the second larger one was done using Photobucket.

Bob.

Edited by Lebro

Chaps

If you have a Dropbox account (also free, until you want to exceed the first 2GB of storage), an alternative route is to put the chosen image in the public folder, collect the link by right-clicking on the image and selecting 'copy public link' and pasting it into the 'edit signature' box in the same way that Bob describes.

Peculiarly, the issue of images in signatures seems to generate ill-informed ire from time to time, either because people believe - incorrectly - that it soaks up valuable Register server space or because they are unhappy downloading large images when viewing the forum. Signature images can, in any case, be ignored in the 'my settings' section.

Paul

Edited by PaulAA

Bob,

The script you have used on your last post is nearly illegible when viewed at the same font size as the remainder of the website. As nice as script is, readers of the forum may be dissuaded from reading your article if it requires extra selections ( font size etc ) be selected to read it. Have a read yourself and see if you can read it as a easily as a "block" font.

Mick Richards

Edited by Motorsport Mickey

Hi MIck.

Point taken, although it seems quite legible on my screen - maybe it depands on the PC display settings.

Anyway, will change (have changed !)

Any idea why images for the signature can't simply be uploaded from one's PC as you can for posts ?

Bob.