Electric fuel pump

Hi guys,

The rebuild is getting to the interesting bit now, and throwing up unforseen problems.

Where is the best place to mount the electric fuel pump, and does it need to ne on rubber cotton reels?

Also with a 4 barrel holly and a dual port manifold, does the alli spacer plate have to be fitted beteen them. I am useing an S&S subframe, and it looks awfully tight for the bonnet (cant check it easly at the mo as the bonnet is else where) ???

Guest Chris Draper

My fuel pump is mounted on the rear bulkhead, next to the tank. Not sure if it's rubber mounted, but I guess it couldn't hurt.

My Holley was mounted on an ally plate - & I think the bolt pattern requires this (I say "was" as I've now got an Edelbrock). Clearance should be OK if you're using one of the modified S&S sub-frames - I believe they're built a bit lower to help clearance for carbs like the Holley - at least with the double bulge bonnet (which I would think you'll have on a DHC). If it does turn out to be a problem, you can get sub-frame lowering spacers at little cost. The other thing is the air filter; I assume you're using one of the large circular pancakes, but they come in two depths & you may need the thinner one.

Thanks Steve.  Martyn's car (SnS subframe) managed with both the JWR and 'normal' Offy manifolds.  I'm quite sure he fitted the JWR without a spacer as I was going to fit one to my V8 DHC which DID have clearance problems.  I understand the JWR is often recommended in such cases.

Though sounds like it shouldn't matter anyway.....

Malcolm.