Tracking down a TR2 my dad used to own

As I've gotten older I've become more and more nostalgic and one of the things I've been looking at is what happened to the TR2 we used to have - even if it still exists. I have very little info to go on but here goes:

> I think we got it in about 1976

> The owner then would have been Malcolm Whitham (my dad) of Halifax, West Yorks

> It was a '55 short door model in signal red

My dad was a keen TR enthusiast and we went to many of the Donington rallies. I would love to know if the car still exists. In exchange I can provide the owner with detail of the history of the car, the odd picture of it during restoration, and also some of the incidents that occurred while we had it - such as a wheel falling off!

I'd love to know if the old girl is still out there. Hope someone can help.

Hi Jonathan,

To start with, provided you know the registration number, plug it in to the DVLA web site here :

https://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/app/enquiry?execution=e1s1

Click on next then put in the reg no and select Triumph from the drop down menu of vehicle makes. If the car is still around it will give you basic details like when the tax is due - but it won't give any ownership details.

If your dad was a member of the TR Register or (again) you know the Reg No of the car it would be worth you contacting the TR2/3 registrar (Mike Ellis) and asking if he has any info. His e-mail is tr2-3registrar@tr-register.co.uk Again I don't think he would be able to pass on any ownership details but may be able to give you some information if the car is known to the TRR.

The main thing which would definitely help in tracing the car would be the registration number and / or the Commission Number (equivalent to a modern VIN No).

Best of luck !