Unrestored TR6

I am now the proud custodian of a Saffron Yellow TR6. A friend of mine purchased it new way back in 71. A genuine 41000 miles on the clock and garaged all its life. The only bodywork repairs evident are a pair of outer sill skins, everything else looks original. The chassis looks mint. The hood, interior and trim are all original. He is unsure of what to do with it as seems to be a difficult one to value. I think it is worth a punt at showing in unrestored classes but am not sure how far I can go to do bits and pieces to it before it is classed as restored. Any advice will be most appreciated.

Welcome, your new car sounds fabulous!

I've no idea what constitutes 'restored' vs 'original' but would have thought replacement of worn out part as long as the replacements are the same as the originals would be ok.

Get some pics up and ask specific questions, there's loads of friendly knowledge available on here.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...