Hood Galore UK

Guest paulb2004uk

Guest paulb2004uk

The time has come to sort out my 7, only a little welding to do and sort the N/S door out and a couple of minor things I hope. Then its sort out the paint work and the hood. Now my question, has anyone heard of or used www.hoodsgaloreuk.co.uk

to have there hood repaired, mines coming unstitched at the bottom of the quarter light panels.

Next thing is to chose the colour, at the moment it's various shades of metallic burgundy/deep red. Thinking of going back to original colour which is platinum.

Hello Paul.  If the hood is generally knacked I would tend to replace it.  It isn't difficult or especially expensive to do and makes a big difference to the looks of the car.

As far as the colour is concerned people here will remember my beautiful (and sadly recently sold) deep metallic red V8 DHC.  Looked great with MGF alloys.

sun_23.jpg

sun_27.jpg

See what I mean about the hood?  It was a couple of months old in these pictures (courtesy of TriumphTR7.com).

Malcolm.

Guest paulb2004uk
Your car looks great in that pic. Mines is similar to that colour at the moment. According to the VIN plate it should be Platinum, and still is in the boot and engine bay. It needs a respray so not sure whether to go back to original or stay burgundy.