• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello !

Sorry Paul, the right hand door handle was completely rotten on my car. I send it to a friend in Italy who look after the item for some month and finally found that it was the same as the Flaminia Touring convertible and bought one for me .

i have the original one and the new one, they are exactly the same... on my car, # 168.

quite all the parts are from other model as the number plate lamp from the Alfa 2600 spider, and some from Fiat 500 as the windshield washerpump.

same story for Ferrari or Maserati. Even Aston-Martin used TR4 rear lights on the DB6 !

I finally purchase last month the bonnet release lever. I found it was the same of the Giulietta berlina.

$T2eC16J,%21wsE9suw%29zTsBR47wqWhTg~~60_

i was looking for it for 5 years...

I just have to change the cable...

warm regards

Patrick

Has it ever been established that Italia bumpers were from a Fiat or Alfa convertible that didn't go into production ?.

I recall a few years back an owner in Portugal rebuilding a Red Italia having to get bumpers hand made. An American owner generously lent a pair as patterns.

Viv

Bumpers are same as Lancia Appia that was being made by Vignale at the same time

The rear Bumpers are in 3 parts with joins hidden by over riders and can be adjusted to suit both cars. Front bumpers are different lengths for each car.

A Swiss guy has the original patterns