Good morning,

I have been using Comma Super Coldmaster concentrated anti freeze (50% dilution) in my car for over a year now and have renewed it once, after thoroughly flushing through the system before using it both times. When the anti freeze was put into the radiator it was Blue in colour. However, after a short while, on both occasions, the colour of the coolant in the radiator changed from Blue to Pink. I have read elsewhere that if the coolant changes colour it can be a sign of exhaust gases getting into the coolant due to faulty head gasket. I have taken up the colour change with Comma who have advised me that they have never heard of their anti freeze changing colour. Can anyone throw any light on the reason for the colour change?

As a foot note, yesterday I found some slight white emulsion on the oil filler cap and similar deposits in the PCV. From reading the forum this may be due to the fact that the engine has not got fully up to normal running temperature as most of my recent use of the car has been for reasonably short runs.

Graham

I use the same stuff at the same ratio and it's still blue - even after a year or so.

Ii also have some slight emulsification inside the filler cap and put this down to the oil misting and the cooler metal surface/condensation - certainly so sign of anything in the main oil so I don't worry..

..not much use really!!