Hi Everyone

I am in need of a new softop for my six and as there appear to be a number of retailers out there offering softops at various prices, and doubtless qualities. The only one that has given me any help and advice is a company called Don Hoods, hopefully not of the Italian Mafia. The question is has anyone had any dealings with them and if so can anyone recommend them as far as quality, value and fit etc. All comments gratefully received.

Victor1155

Victor, I recently had a new vinyl top for my 6 from London Car Hood warehouse www.carhood.com which is great.

Also bought a vinyl surrey softtop from TR Revington which is made by John Skinner www.johnskinner.co.uk. There is also Prestige Hoods who display at most shows, www.PrestigeCarHoods.com. Never tried Don Hoods although they advertise in TR Register.

In terms of preference and quality i would suggest Skinners,

London Car Hoods  and Prestige.

hope this helps

:cool:

As far as I know Don Hoods exists for ever, which means that they produce reasonable quality. I bought a top from them more than 25 years ago and I had no reasons to complain.

My only advise would be to check if the hood is 100% symmetrical before you start fitting and applying glue :;):

Jean

I have bought soft tops and tonneau cover from Don Hoods for my TR and Healey.

These were in vinide (TR) and double duck (AH).

I was pleased with all these products but I think in future I would stay with the vinide as it is easier to erect, stays looking good, needs less maintenance than the DD.

Hope this is of interest

Chris

Hi to all that have given advice.

Once again I am endebted to all that have past on their knowledge and experiences, both good and bad, and unless I find otherwise it looks as though Don Hoods win the day. Watch this space if they prove otherwise? :laugh:

Guest stevephillips

Victor115

I have just recieved a Mohair hood from john Skinner and thought it is still to be fitted I have examined the hood and am very pleased with the quality and manufacture, the price was competitive too.

I would suggest that you at least give John a call as he is very very helpful.

Regards

Steve

• 2 years later...
<font color='#000000'>Hi Everyone

I am in need of a new softop for my six and as there appear to be a number of retailers out there offering softops at various prices, and doubtless qualities. The only one that has given me any help and advice is a company called Don Hoods, hopefully not of the Italian Mafia. The question is has anyone had any dealings with them and if so can anyone recommend them as far as quality, value and fit etc. All comments gratefully received.

Victor1155</font>

If you look on eBay, the guy trading as "carhoods" has excellent feedback and is a lot cheaper than the other suppliers.

If you look on eBay, the guy trading as "carhoods" has excellent feedback and is a lot cheaper than the other suppliers.

<font color='#000000'>Hi Everyone

Victor1155</font>

Just had a look at "carhood"'s Feedback and it all looks to be genuine (by cross-checking others' FB) enough - we all have to start somewhere and if he's trying to expand his product and break into the TR market with a good product at a competitive price.........(BTW I have no connection to the seller).