Fulcrum pin HELPPPP

Hi Guys,

Can I pick some of your knowledgeable brains? I am restoring my front suspension and I think a PO has reversed the fulcrum pins, my TR6 is a 1974 so I guess a late model, has any one got a picture they could post ??

Another question the new top ball joints have not got a grease nipple can I drill and tap the cover and fit the old nipples to the new ones.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

I wouldn't drill the ball joint. They are seal for life and should last a fair old time. You may also get swarf inside if you do.

Have you had a scour of the search facility. There have been many post about the fulcrum.

Roger

Hi again,

The reason for my question re the fulcrum pin was the same as the fellow in Guy's thread, where the Red Restoration book by Roger Williams states that the early models have the fulcrum fitted as per Tony's picture in the thread and the late models have it fitted the other way round, mine are fitted as per Tony's pic.

Stuart reacons in the thread that the book is cobblers and they are all fitted the same !!! and I would bow to Stuart's knowledge.

Good thinking Roger I will leave the ball joints as they are.

Another thing I noticed when dismantling my original Minilites both front wheels inner rims have been rubbing on the top part of the suspension "ball joint" should they have spacers on the wheel studs ??

Cheers

Nigel