BACK TO SCHOOL

Yes, myself and long suffering navigator Dave, did the R-O-Wye training day a few years ago.It was a long trek for us too.

We were totally green, having never rallied ever. Didn't even know the difference between stage and road rallies!

Found the day a bit too quick and brief for total beginners. Too many tips for the advanced and not enough basic principles explained, I'm afraid.I seemed to be asking lots of questions that everyone else either new the answers too, or weren't bothered about. Everybody seemed to be carrying clipboards, romers stopwatches & stuff, like they already new what it was all about - but needed a few wrinkles ironed out.

It's better than nothing though and Don Barrow had a stall there to sell you everthing you might need.

Reccomend ypu both gen up via Andy Gibsons Tutorials on the HRCR website before you go and you'll get much more from it.

Since then, I've done 3 CRA Classic marathons and 20 + HRCR UK road rallies so if you want any advice - feel free to ask.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it was a long drive and the B+B wasn't much cop and the pub didn't even have any real Beer!!   The day went very well and although it rained all day and most of the way home; we thought it was well worth the effort. We now feel confident to try some proper navigational rallies, at local club level and may be a big one next year after I've taken off my electronic ignition. Simon my navigator also considered it a worth while exercise and all for £25.

We are hoping to do another of Simon Rossitors, continental rallies in March if it's not booked up.