Hard top rubber mounts

Has anyone else found a way to stop the rubber feet at the rear of he hard top from leaving round circles on the paint in front of the boot hinge line?

And for the bolts that go up through the windscreen, the moss cat has two nuts. One is captive and in the roof, but where does the other square one go?

Thanks hogan, it answered another question I had not realised I had yet :) but not the one about the nut - except he doesn't have one.

Nut 3, part number NQ2708

http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=2795#top

I'm curious where it goes. Its coming into winter here and hopefully she'll be back on the road soon; I'm planning to put the hard top on which has been sitting on a mezzanine shelf in the garage for 5 years so I'm going through all the parts to make sure they are there as per catalogue, as things have been supplemented over the years with the POs.

Finally, I assume that noone else has the trouble of the rubbers at the back of the hardtop marking the paintwork? It might be that my rubbers are a bit old when the top was last fitted and left a scuffed circle on the paint :angry:.I'm ordering new ones anyway.

Edited by stallie

The square nut goes in the retainer which is in the front header rail of the hardtop for the front fixing bolt that goes up through the top of the screen frame. The retainer is the same as the ones used on the surrey roof.

Stuart.

Om 6 the rubbers stay about 1-2 mm off the rear deck. I think you can adjust the gap by playing on the two rear distance pieces at the rear of the hardtop.

As the top is fully sitting on rubbers it's good not to tighten the bolts too hard.

Thanks Stuart - now it makes sense, there's the option of either nut (one obsolete). From the diagram it looked like two nuts were fitted and that had be confused.

Jean, Really, the rubber feet don't touch the deck? That would explain a thing or two. I might have to have another look at mine then when i get the cockpit finished and pop the roof on.

Cheers