MOT - sorted!!

Went to friendly local garage today. Checking indicators and sidelights were working found that ns front side light was winking and os rear light was off!

Guessed it was earth problem and sure enough the earth lead had been dislodged. Put back on and all returned to normal. The brake light switch was known to be defective and I had arranged to get the BMW switch put on. A new 069 battery for the 7 and the bill was £100 incl VAT which I reckon was a bargain.

Recommended to visit another local garage to tig spot weld the bottom door 'triangle' which had broken and clevis pin was wobbling about. No appointment and £5 - sorted.

Altogether a nice couple of hours with the hood down and a 'reasonably' quick blast round the countryside.

So all I have left to sort out now is the wiper switch and fuel sender which are playing up.

Altogether a very happy bunny

Excellent! Took mine out for the first time this year and blew loads of **** out...all those times I let it tick over in the Garage over the winter! B)