MOT Failure last Oct.

Well I've finally finished all the repairs to my chassis and tomorrow it is off for a light grit blast and etch primer.

Then it is suspension strip clean repaint, rebush and rebuild, can't wait !!!

Nibbo

Good luck, should be on the road soon then. Is that all that's required for your mot ?

Hi Robin, yes that was all it failed on, holes in both outriggers, I suppose I could have repaired them in situ but I thought what the hell, I bought the car 20 months ago with a full resto in mind and this just brought it forward, must admit I am enjoying doing it, I dismantled the front suspension units today and the bushes look as if they are the original rubber ones fell to bits in my hands !!!!

The chassis is ready for me to pick up tomorrow, just need to give it a top coat, not sure what paint type to use yet, will probably spray the inside of the chassis with a mix of oil and grease warmed up so it flows into all the nooks and crannies.

I do think I'm going to need deep pockets Lol.

Regards

Nigel

Nigel

hi, hope you have your chassis back now. When I did my TR5 I tried Eastwoods chassis paint......I found it to be not great , seemed to come off quite easily (*yes it was all rubbed down and primed first). In the end I just went for black gloss and plenty of it. Not expensive and looks good and very easy to touch up and reapply. Good idea on nooks and crannies. Sun is shining so hopefully will encourage you to get her back together. When you hoping to finish ?

Hi Robin,

Yes got my chassis back the guy did a great job grit blasting and etch primer, I've decided to go for Black Hammerite Smooth, it seems to be doing a good job.

When will I get it finished ! a good question hopefully by next summer, still a heck of a lot to do with just the odd evening and weekends working on her.

Regards

Nigel