TR7 V8 race car whats it worth????

Guest andy_tr7

Guest andy_tr7

Hi all,

I used to post on here a lot and be heavily into my TR7. However things change, kids, house move  blah blah blah, couldn't even remember my log in, hence a new user id tonight!

The point is I have used my TR7 once in the last 18 months and it needs to be used. I last used it in October this year at Oulton Park on a track day with the new V8 engine fitted (completey different to when I used to race it with the 2l) The idea of the trackday was to be its 'swan song' before selling it. However it put a mega grin on my face and has taken me until now to realise it MUST go.  I do not use it enough and  I have 3 other classics after my attention!

The car started as a standard 2l tr7 4 years ago on trackdays, it has developed over the years into more of a track car than a road car, it is still road legal, however its more at home on a track! Its sort of lost its road manners as ita a little hard on the suspension and loud. Its not to show standard, but its not a rot box either! It a competition car ( if you know what I mean, and no offence to the few mint competition cars our there)

Anyway to get to the point, its now up for sale, but I've been out of the TR7 scene for a while, what do you think it is worth? It comes with ALL the TR7 spares I can find, and that quite a few bits!

Have a look at AGT Racing

Thanks for your time.

Andy Mc

Hi Andy.  I remember you!  A shame to hear you are selling up.  I bought a trackday / sprint-hillclimb car of a similar specification back in July or may well have been interested.  

There is a limited market for this sort of car as you would expect.  My I bought my car (also with a very small mileage since the build, and in road legal 'competition car' condition) for £2500 on ebay.  A small price considering the time, skill & parts that had gone into the project.

Good luck with the sale anyway.

Malcolm.

Being involved in the Sprint and Hillclimb scene I do hear of TR7V8s for sale from time to time.The highest price I have heard of is £7k but that was asking and it was a class winning 4.5litre monster. At the other end of the scale £2k seems to buy you something half reasonable.

Regards

John