Sprint engined TR7 Dhc bought for £200!!

Jim and I have just closed a deal on an "X" plated TR7 Dhc with 2Litre sprint engine. Drives really well but requires some attention to the handbrake and steering before re-mot'ing. Malcolm, can you source anything from the reg: OOL273X, I will endeavor to give more details as soon as I get them, but the car is currently on my drive.

Gary   :cool:

The car drives really well apart from the steering which is a little vague.

Have now deciphered the Vin etc. and discovered it should be Silver Leaf metallic with a Golden Tan interior.

FYI the car was originally registered 22/07/82.

MOT failure sheet shows problems with handbrake, not insurmountable, and the fact that the emissions couldn't be checked due to engine over-heating (duff cooling fan) and idle speed too high. I have also discovered that the hazard warning switch fails to do anything!

It looks like a fair bit of work has been done before, replacement front & rear springs, rear shocks and axle. Possibly new front strut inserts and upgraded brakes though I haven't had time to look too closely. However, not bad for two hundred smackeroonies.

Will keep you posted.

Gary  :)