When I come to fitting the hood etc. I'm thinking of using the 'Tenax' type fasteners for the rear end

instead of the 'Lift a Dot' type. 'Tenax' fasteners are much easier to fit without the need for the

very expensive (use only once) four slot punch. I'm not particularly bothered about originality.

If 'Tenax' fasteners are good enough for the front then they are good enough for the back!

Tom.

Alexander

Press the lift the dot, main body, not the back plate into the top and it will leave an impression, especially if you put a bit of masking tape on the top, cut the slots with a sharpened small electrical screwdriver and 6 or 7mm gasket punch for the central hole

John

Edited by TR24178

Tom

Tenax in use have to be treated very carefully. They need to be fitted in-line with the post and preferably with the moveable lifting part lifted. Sideways pressure will break the little clamping bits inside. I have treated mine with gay abandon over the years, looked at them carefully a year or two back and of the ten pieces eight are broken internally. If the hood is tight, which mine is, it is much easier to fit the front first with no tension on it. Then the LTDs can be fitted at the rear relatively easily, and at any angle to get them onto the posts. And if it is all done with the hood bars down and then raised with all fittings on - bingo.

So, have just bought a new tonneau cover and with ten replacement tenaxes for the hood, and will be replacing when it warms up a bit. In fact delivered this morning.

Colin