TR4 Door Card Springs

Does anyone happen to have a photo of the door card with the conical springs installed, before the handles are put on?

I'm having trouble deciding how much of the spring should poke through the hole from behind.

Roger Williamson in his book suggests half a turn to hold them in place but i'm frightened it's going to split the trim when fitted to the door!

Any advice welcomed.

Geoff

May be this is all wrong but I have fitted the springs narrow end to door frame, that way they hold onto the spindels and do not fall off. The springs do seem to be too long and strong for the application, cutting off one turn from the wide end makes the fitting of the card and handles a less difficult task. No rattles, distotion of trim panels and handles seat well to the trim.

There is a clear diagram in my workshop manual that shows the big end nearest to the handle. This is also how my memory says they should go.

The previous post about reducing the force generated by these springs may also have a point. My old door cards were mishaped because of the spring pressure.

Al.