Rally Calender

Just a thought but there are a lot of events around for us all to do, but we all hear of different ones through the HRCR, CRA, CSMA or local Motor Clubs. Also some of the FIVA B events are superb - Terence Bradley is off to Le Voges next weekend on a FIVA B which is apparently superb and a modest cost.

How about collating one (maybe by compiling a rolling list of the HRCR, CRA and FIVA B events known to us) and booking in the Tractors teams (sounds like we need 6 cars to guarantee 3 out !!!) = what say you rallymen ?

Maybe we can help each other pick the good ones. Im prepared to colleate it and write it for the mag if you guys are happy to contribute.

Regards

Tony

Great idea Tony. HRCR and CRA events calendars would be a good starting point.

We could probably do a brief "how to go rallying" piece - I'm sure a lot of people must think it's much harder than it really is, especially the way we all go on about Carillo splinge grommets and nitrided sports valve spring extension trunnions, but the fact is plently of people turn up in really standard stuff and do well - look how well that TR4A went on the Targa, totally standard car so far as I could tell, just well driven and navigated  :D  ... mmmm, wonder what Jane's doing for the next few events  ???

cheers, Andy

Guest mrodbert

Maybe if we create a "what are people doing" thread here - which has sort of been hapenning unofficially - we can put it in the mag under Jon and my stuff. It may be a bit out of date but lets see.

We also need to start campaigning for "real rallying" - lots of very very tricky plot and bash with +/-10 secs on a regularity ITC a good result, and no tight time sections.

Bloody UAC had simple navigation, not a code board all weekend, Tripmeters with speed calculations allowed and people cleaning !!! regularities. How are Jon and I ever going to win anything with rules like that  :)  Still the event was totally fab, the night section was a real hoot and I think it should be event number one to go in the calendar for the Tractors next year.

Andy - whilst Tony may have smacked up his wing, we were a little more subtle. Only when viewing the rear of JMR01 from a distance did we notice that the rear valence has gained a new and more interesting profile than the one you remember.

Mark

Andy - whilst Tony may have smacked up his wing, we were a little more subtle. Only when viewing the rear of JMR01 from a distance did we notice that the rear valence has gained a new and more interesting profile than the one you remember.

As I remember it Mark your rear valance had already been "modified" by a large rock on the Targa  :D

Main plans for the Ade and I (in the TR4) are to do the HRCR daylight historic road rally championship next year - details will be published at the Classic Car Show soon. I'm doing the Nocturnal Championship in the Mexico with Paul Robinson. Looks like only one event will overlap both championships.

And then there's the UAC Retro ...  :D and maybe LeJog, Circuit of Wales or some other long distance event - maybe into Europe for something ... over to you guys!

cheers

Andy

Another one to add is this Tour Le Voges - French / German Alsace region so good french food and german service ..... ill here from Terence after he's back but he thought it was a blinder.

Another interesting one is a few people have said to me avoid Dutch events unless you are Ducth, can use a GPS / Average speed computer or have a crystal ball - otherwise your in to make up the numbers no matter how well you do on the road. Not sure on this but the legend seems widespread.

Tony Browne (TR4a man) seems lightning keen to navigate for me on a perm basis for the UK stuff (possibly HRCR road rally champ etc. next year) so I might get out to play more often. !!! heh heh!

Wing nearly fixed, tyres on order, gearbox looks like only broken selector fork but I wont get it all done for the rally of the tests which is disappointing - sorry I wont join you this time chaps.

Ill pull together a calender starting for next year I think (say beginning jan to coincide with the HRCR stuff) and write it up for the mag ? asap - if you can post any dates you have etc in the following format;

Rally name

Dates

Type

Any Experience

Contact name and number / website etc.

Maybe we could also tabulate intended entry ?

Ill run up a list for all I can find out.

Regards

Tony