The weight of MX5 seats!!?

Evening all

Today I bought a pair of MX5 seats to fit in my TR6 and was wondering if anyone knows the weight of these seats so I can get them delivered by courier - OK it's a long shot I know but one of you may have had them delivered at some time or other. They are from a mk2 with detachable head rests.

And anyone know where to get the mounting brackets for the same?

any input greatly received

Thank You

Graham

Graham.

They weigh approx 15Kg each --- see attached link to MX5-NUTS forum http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24563

with regard to the brackets, are you talking about the (1) - the original MX5 runners or (2) - the seat mounting brackets for fitment in the TR.

if (1) .possibly best to source scrap yards / e-bay -- will depend on type of seat MK1 or MK2

if (2) - there is a diagram on the technicalities CD that the TR Register produced - and there is also a forum member who occasionally makes a batch and then advertises these for sale on the forum site / e-bay.

Hope this helps you.

Pat

I used some 50mm section, or thereabouts square tube, but cut down its length to make two U shaped sections with a height of 5-7mm, just enough to match clearance underneath of the nuts to secure the seat. The beauty of this is that you can use the U sections to locate the tube to the original TR seat securing nuts on the chassis so not making new holes.

Then the MX5 seats are attached by drilling the U section at the appropriate points to secure the seats. Keep the U sections as shallow as possible as the MX5 seats place are higher than a TR6's.

Regarding the seats, mine had a angle to their rear mounting with a projection which effectively raised the seat higher, remove the projection and flatten the angle.

If you intend to fit a roll bar then bear in mind the seats runner's position as too far back and they may foul the seat headrest on the roll bar.

Afternoon Pat & Terry

Thanks for the reply's you have been a mountain of help, all of which will be put to good use in receiving and fitting my seats

Graham