TR6 Search

Guest nigelg

I am trying to locate my best friends TR6 which he had to sell prior to emigrating - I will have the registration number in a few months time when I return to the UK and search through old pics. In the mean time it was sold by Paul Harris of Essex in the late 80's / early 90's - it was bright red although the original colour was damson or magenta. It had a stainless steel exhaust with big double pipes specially made that were in the center at the back - wolfrace wheels with lowered suspension, and the engine had been completely rebuilt / tuned / gas flowed head etc - In short it was an absolute beast - more sexy than a bag of sexy things - and unfortunately at the time I wasn't able to buy it either !! Well it's only about 15 yrs too late, but I want to track it down and buy it - before it's too late / crashed etc Can anyone remember treating themselves to the above gorgeous TR6 ???
  • 2 months later...

Would be worth a letter and a fiver, to write to DVLC Swansea........

What's the fiver for Jonlar, is there a form to fill in?

Do the DVLA pass my information to the current owner or give his/her details to me?

I'm trying to trace my first TR, a 1973 TR6: OPC 310L (OPEC) for the same reason, as I would like first refusal when/if OPC 310L comes up for sale

Have just found out the following from the DVLC / Gov web site..

Previous keeper details

If you are the current keeper you can get information about any earlier keepers on application. You should write to: Vehicle Record Enquiries, Vehicle Customer Services, DVLA, Swansea SA99 1AJ quoting the registration number of the vehicle and giving the reasons for your request. A fee of £5 is payable.

Release of another vehicle’s keeper details

You can obtain the name and address of the registered keeper of a vehicle if you can show reasonable cause for needing the information.

Members of the public will need to complete form V888.   Companies should complete form VQ3 , or apply in writing (both forms are available from DVLA).  You should include a fee of £2.50, the vehicle registration number of the vehicle you are requesting information on, full reason for your request and the date of event.

Send your application to: Vehicle Record Enquiries, Vehicle Customer Services, DVLA, Swansea SA99 1AJ.

Beat me to it!  Thought it was a fiver for any enquiry though, 2 for the price of 1 - even better!

Off the site -

"Reasons for release of vehicle register information"

Regulations provide for the release of information to the police, to local authorities to enforce parking restrictions and to anyone who can demonstrate 'reasonable cause'. DVLA is also registered under the Data Protection Act to release information to other government departments for scientific, technical, health, social and economic research or statistical analysis. Other bodies have powers that require DVLA to release data.

This means that information will sometimes be lawfully made available for a variety of purposes, including:

The Department of Transport, Local Government and the Regions to facilitate traffic surveys.

To anyone who can demonstrate reasonable cause, including insurance companies, finance houses and the public.

To local government bodies seeking to enforce road user charging initiatives.

To other local and central government bodies that use vehicle data to investigate benefit fraud.

To courts and bailiffs to enforce court orders.

The fact that you want to contact the current owner as you have valuable historical information/photos/documents about the vehicle may satisfy the second...?

I sent the  following  to DVLA with a cheque for £5 and recieved all the info including photo copy of old style log book

on my own car.no forms required.

"To  Fee Paying Enquiries, DVLA, Swansea SA 99 AJ.

I would like to find out the history of my 39 year old Triumph tr4 sports car.

I understand that the first step is to get the copies of the registered keepers and old log book from yourselves at a fee of £5.

4 weeks later I now know that a young dentist bought it new soon after completing medical school, I registered on 192.com and his current address came streight up. easy realy as his middle name was Xavier!

hope you are lucky