The penultimate round of the Revington Sprint and Hillclimb Championship goes to Longleat on Saturday the 25th September with some 13 TRs and a GT6 entered with the full range of models.

We are the first Class so get there early ( in Alec's case hopefully the right weekend!!) if you want to see the action.

Regards

John

• 1 month later...

1)Read the Website there is a link

2)Register as a Competitor and specify which events you are interested in which will result in the regs coming through your door.

3)Obtain a licence from the MSA National B is OK get some overalls that comply (Proban is acceptable) and a helmet to the right standard.You will also need a timing strut that can be made simply out of aluminium.

4)Go to trackdays where you intend to compete or a Hillclimb Drivers school.

5)Speak to any of us who compete we are quite friendly really!

There is the annual Drivers Meeting and Dinner on the 20th November which would be a good source of info.Do any of the members at your local group compete if so have a chat.

Failing that give me a ring mobile 07900 881814.

Regards

John

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks John.  The car looks to be eligable for the 'tuned road-going class'.  My only worries would be exhuast noise restrictions and the 'silhouette'.  I have a (small) scoop on the bonnet to provide air to the velocity stack that sits on-top of my holley.  It's not much higher than the bulge on a normal TR7 double-bulge bonnet.

v8comp.jpg

Are the dates for 2005 out yet?  They aren't on the www.tr-sprint website.

Thanks

Malcolm.

You have to bear in mind Malcolm that we are not talking about the backbiting that goes in some Championships we are all there to have a bit of fun!

I am sure your car would be OK in tuned roadgoing providing it has the right tyres of course. Most of the events have a 107dcb limit with Goodwood and Castle Combe at 105. There have been a number of "serious" V8s in the Championship which didn't seem to have too much trouble with noise.

The Calendar will be announced at the Drivers Meeting on the 20th November why not come along if you are at a loose end I might just buy you a beer!!

Regards

John

John.  I tried ringing your mobile a couple of times but it went to answerphone.  I'd like to attend the drivers' meeting/dinner which seems like an ideal opportunity to find out what it's all about!  Please can you mail me more info: time, place and such?

malcolm.paris@zen.co.uk

Cheers

Malcolm.