Cooling fan

Guest pilbaratr7

Guest pilbaratr7

I have an SD1 7 blade fan and it hits the top rear section of the front panel. This is with the subframe spacer kit fitted also. Looks like I might have to trim about 10mm of the end of the fan blades.

Could someone with an original TR8 fan meassure the diameter of the fan?

In hot Australian conditions(45deg C) electric fans dont seem to cool as well, the engine driven fan pulls alot more air through the radiator.

Glen.

Guest ajttriumph

i have raced my 8 in australia in 40deg+ temparatures for several years, i found the best fan was an electric BMW 5 series unit which cost next to nothing at the wreckers, mounted to the front of the radiator.

The other things that made a big difference was an oil cooler and lately a commodore radiator which is about 4 inches taller but the same width.

ALso make sure that you have the boards beside the radiator that force the air through the radiator rather than allowing it to be bypassed.

I have also removed the rubbers on the lip at the back of the engine bay to allow air to escape.