TR8 for sale

• 2 weeks later...

After a request from a forum member, I've got details and seen this vehicle, and have a couple of photos from the owner (Malcolm, if I take pictures of the photos with my digital camera, any chance you could do the necessary so I could put a link to them please - haven't a clue how to do it myself!).

It is a 1981 TR8, DHC, LHD, with PAS (F/F), KmPH speedo, alloy wheels, door mirrors.

Comm./VIN No.   SATPL4588CA408331

Engin No.           14E00727

Body No.            CGP301457

Build date           16-18/09/1981  as N American Canadian export model

Despatched to Canadian agent/importers, 11/10/1981

1st Registered in Florida (don't know date, but owner has all paperwork)

Recorded mileage (or should that be kilometre-age?) is just under 69,000 Kms.   Around 3,000 Km per year!

Finished in Silver Leaf metallic

Currently fitted with Alpine radio and boot mounted CD.

Fitted with recent new tyres.

I must point out that I have no connections whatsoever to the car or current owner, but went to look at it on behalf of the forum member.

Very nice car, looks absolutely straight and genuine (to my un TR7/8 eyes).   Certainly not concours, couple of dints in RH door, with Somerset UK reg. XYB 646W.

There is no crazing to the paintwork- I don't think it's been blown over or re-sprayed (doesn't look quite good enough!), would certainly benefit from some TLC and polishing.    

It looks 100% straight and pukka, no rust (that I could pick up on, but I don't know them), obviously in need of some enthusiatic driving to blow the cobwebs and soot out!   The owner is a 71yrs old, retired copper, has owned car for some 5/6 years.  Big box file of papers and history.   He would like to see £6,000 for it, but I think he would probably take something nearer to 5.  

As I've said the car isn't concours, but is in very good, sound original condition, if anyone wants to discuss anything the owner is Alistair Ross on 01872 530889, or ask me anything, I'm on 01326 240721 after 1800hrs.

Final words Caveat Emptor!  I'm no TR7 expert, but what's an expert - a has been - little drip!!

I think I've mentioned this before anyway, but for the sake of it, there are plenty of free hosting deals available on the internet.

For example, to host photos for free, you can set up a free account with www.photobucket.com and put pictures into your album as you see fit, here's an example:

Tired Kitten

:P