Exhaust Fitting

In my experience (20 years) the exhausts are always a pig.

Suggest large crowbar club hammer and oxy welding torch if desperate.

Incidentally my present competition system came from Cambridge MS and is the only one to fit properly.

Regards

John

I have fitted a Phoenix single silencer sports system (2 1/4 in).

incl. 4/1 manifold on my TR3A. No problems with fitting and no problems at the X-form. I have fitted a bracket 142531 and clamp 130890 (TR5/6 I believe) to fix the linking pipe to the gearbox mount and the silencer is fixed the standard way. Works perfect.

Out of our 3 TR4's, one hits badly on the chassis hole, one was close and knocked ohe back, the other we had a twin silencer system made!

I recently replaced my SS system-as a centre silencer had split on the seam-tut it was only 19 years old! Replaced under warranty-outstanding service!

The new system (centre and rear) fitted absolutely A1, also was a bit quieter, seems to have upped torque a little, so perhaps more back pressure-this was the standard system, not the competition version-I like to be able to hear all the bumps and groans on the rest of the car!

Rob