Three tonneau cover fixings on doors

Hi all,

Would somebody by kind enough to measure and tell me the exact correct positions for the three snap fixings on the doors used for attaching tonneau covers on a TR5 (guess it must be the same for TR4A and TR6)?

My car has no fixings on the doors, I guess the previous owner filled them when he repainted the car as it was not a surrey-top car (which came with no fixings on the door).

Been doing a search on the forum posts that yielded no result...

Thank you in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

I can't see just why you are asking this question? When you get, or possibly already have, your tonneau then simply fix on the studs on the rear of the soft top and fix to the studs (metal attachments) on the dash top. Then simply apply a strip or two of masking tape to the top of the doors and press down gently with the 3 tonneau studs in question (either side of course) and these will leave an impression on the masking tape and then you can fit the respective studs on your doors in exactly the right place. This way your tonneau fits your car properly. Simples!!

Alan

I can't see just why you are asking this question? When you get, or possibly already have, your tonneau then simply fix on the studs on the rear of the soft top and fix to the studs (metal attachments) on the dash top. Then simply apply a strip or two of masking tape to the top of the doors and press down gently with the 3 tonneau studs in question (either side of course) and these will leave an impression on the masking tape and then you can fit the respective studs on your doors in exactly the right place. This way your tonneau fits your car properly. Simples!!

Alan

A properly made new tonneau wont come with any poppers fitted. ;)

Stuart.

Well affix the ones onto the rear of the tonneau from the soft top thats down and just do as I have mentioned. Having measurements for the three poppers on each side should only be used as a last resort due to each car being slightly different in this department. Its a bit like fixing a TR5 or early TR6 door mirror (Wingard)in the recommended by Triumph dealers position only to find that it suited someone who is half a foot smaller than yourself.......been there, done that.

Alan

A properly made new tonneau wont come with any poppers fitted. ;)

Stuart.

Alan : My tonneau cover being of the properly made type, came with no poppers, hence my question! All fitted nicely now! Thanks again everybody for the answers.