Life wasn't meant to be easy (M. Fraser)

Thought this might cheer someone up, if they are having a bad hair day.

The decision tree.

Over the period where I was taking the gearbox out regularly, (once a week roughly) to work on clutch problems (broken shaft pin, go #4), I congratulated myself on the decision to fit the door restrainers as item #4597, instead of item #1786.

The access made life a lot more pleasant, and it was handy for the repechage on the wiring under the dash too.

With everything fairly ticcity-bu, and a few runs around the district under the belt, the list of things to tweak up is fairly small.

Today I decided to find the packet (labelled) with the door restrainers in it, and have a go at fitting them back in. They were in the last box of bits I checked, but I discovered it with enough time to have a go at putting them in.

That’s when I discovered that they have come in from the mudguard side of the door jamb, not the drivers side.

As well as the mudguard, there is a splash guard, with rubber seal and many bolts, that will have to be removed (on each side) before the door restrainer can be put in. I’ve also discovered a discrepancy between the length of my arm and the distance from the wheel arch to where it all has to go.

As I’ve managed quite well without the door restrainers, I think I might put this off for a while.

I’ll get out of your way now.

Jim

You don't have a problem!!

Door restrainers are easy to get at, you just take the vertical interior trim out and there is a void which houses the restrainers, the bolts to undo the wings and the threaded rod to remove the windscreen frame.

Pete

Jim

You don't have a problem!!

Door restrainers are easy to get at, you just take the vertical interior trim out and there is a void which houses the restrainers, the bolts to undo the wings and the threaded rod to remove the windscreen frame.

Pete

'onya Pete. That would have taken about 12 months to occur to me.