Clutch problem

Hi all,

I have a problem (probably typical) with my 7's clutch. The car has been stood for a while as the battery went flat. It took me a little longer than I would have liked to charge the battery and now it's charged I can start the car, but I cannot get the car into gear!!! This does happen every time I 'winter' the car but I can usually start her in gear and it frees up, but this time (probably due to the length of time) I just can't get it free! I have started her in gear and driven down the drive but no luck! :(

Does anyone have any ideas? Cheers!!

Ian.

Hi Ian,

If you can get the car rolling under its own steam, whilst moving are you able to stand on the brakes and clutch pedal at the same time this is normaly enough to break free a frozen clutch plate.

Other than that, with the car securely up on axle stands:

1, run the car up until it is warm

2, stop the engine and restart in gear.

3, increase the revs so the wheels are turning up to about 20 MPH then stamp on the break pedal and clutch at the same time.

Hope this helps.

Ian

I ususlly get the engine nice and warm then switch off. Then, start in gear whilst holding the clutch pedal to the floor. A short drive at low speed, accelerating and decelerating whilst keeping the cluch pedal presssed to the floor usually frees it up with a bang .

Has never failed for me even on cars that have stood for many years in damp conditons.

Rob